Geotechnical materials technology has been widely used in water conservancy, civil engineering, transportation and ports since it was introduced into my country in the 1970s. Adding geotechnical materials (geogrid or geotextile) to the soil slope can make the soil slope steeper. In terms of reinforcement function, compared with needle-punched geotextile, geogrid and woven geotextile can play a role under less strain. Needle-punched geotextiles have the water permeability in the plane of geosynthetics that geogrids and woven geotextiles do not.
Application of Geotextile in Anti-seepage Project
In recent years, the large-scale application and effectiveness of geotechnical materials in rock engineering, especially in flood control and rescue engineering, has attracted the attention of engineering and technical personnel. For the application technology of geosynthetics, the country has put forward normative technical requirements in terms of anti-seepage, filtration, drainage, reinforcement, protection, etc., which has greatly accelerated the promotion and application of new materials. Compared with the anti-seepage effect of conventional stone masonry and concrete materials, geotextile has the advantages of low investment, simple construction technology, short construction period, good anti-seepage effect, and high effective channel utilization coefficient.
Main occasions for geomaterials application
(1) Steep slope embankment reinforcement or excavation slope repair reinforcement to form a steep slope to save land or adapt to specific site requirements;
(2) Subgrade ditch drainage, back drainage of supporting structure, interlayer drainage and edge drainage of road surface, play a role in filtering and drainage;
(3) In subgrade slope protection, prevent rainwater from eroding the slope, which is conducive to the growth of plants. It is used to protect the side slope of the roadbed along the river to prevent the river from scouring the roadbed, such as using geonet pads, geotextiles, geotextile bags, etc.;
(4) Temporary or permanent protection of subgrade excavation sites to prevent soil erosion from affecting the environment and subgrade and pavement structure;
(5) Cover the old pavement, prevent and prevent reflection cracks on the pavement, delay the occurrence and development of reflection cracks, and be used in the pavement structure to enhance the strength of the pavement structure and reduce rutting;
(6) In the gravel base or gravel base of flexible pavement, enhance the overall strength of the base or base;
(7) Construct reinforced earth abutments;
(8) In soft soil foundations and problematic foundations, accelerate the consolidation of the foundation and increase the strength of the foundation, such as the use of geocells, geotechnical drainage boards, geotextiles or geogrids to form flexible cushions;
(9) In anchor retaining structures such as soil nails and anchor rods, they form a complete retaining structure together with soil nails and anchor rods;
(10) Construct reinforced earth retaining walls.
Research status of geosynthetics
(1) Research on the characteristics of geosynthetics, including the study of corresponding characteristic test methods;
(2) Research on the interaction characteristics of geosynthetics with soil or structure;
(3) Research on the application of geosynthetic materials, the corresponding design calculation methods and construction requirements;
(4) The study of the overall characteristics and effects of the structure after the application of geosynthetics.